Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finally an update

 Hello everyone, sorry it has been so long since my last post. But there has been a lot going on. And to tell the truth it is with heavy heart that I write this post.

 On Wednesday night just before bed I had noticed a small amount of blood when I was getting ready for bed, Which made me very nervous so I had called my IPS to let them know about it and we all decided to wait it out and see what the morning would bring. When I got up Thursday everything was fine, no more blood not even a little. I decided to be on the safe side, I would call our nurse and let her know what had gone on and she had reassured me that most likely everything was fine and that I should just take it easy for a couple days and wait for our ultrasound on the 6th. So that was my plan but boy did things change very quickly. Within an hour and a half  of speaking to the nurse I was doubled over in pain in my left side and I knew I needed to get to the hospital. I spent most of the day having multiple tests performed to tell me that I had a cyst rupture and that everything would be fine and they released me to go home and rest with a follow up u/s the next morning with my RE Dr. to check on the baby.

 Friday morning I went in to the u/s feeling quite confident that all was well with the baby and they would reassure me that the baby was doing great. Well that was not the case at all in fact it was very hard for them to even see a gestational sac due to blood covering the sac. But from what they could see the sac was measuring much smaller than it should and they could not see anything in the sac. Can I just say devastating news!!!  I was sent to have more blood work just to make sure that the u/s was true. Later that afternoon I received a call that they needed to see me and the IPS early Saturday to discuss our options. We had one more u/s to check on the outcome for sure and the results were the same. The baby had not proceeded like it should and there for our only option now is to stop all meds and prepare for a miscarriage.

 With that news we were all very saddened, but know in our hearts that these things happen for a reason! We are all in this together and have decided to try again, Which should be June or July. I will continue to post and hope you all will stay with us through this very upsetting time and continue on this journey with us as we try again. Thank you all for reading and rooting us on. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear this news! I am happy u all have decided to try again my thoughts and prayers are with u and the family I know u are a strong person and everything will work out! Casi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hoping that this was an April Fools' post... So sorry for all of you! You are such a strong person and am so happy to hear you will do this again. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete