Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another unlikely update

Hello everyone, so I thought after the last few days that I needed to update all of you readers with everything that has happened in the last little bit.

When I last posted we had a very sad miscarriage in the works. Well last Thursday I was sure it was all over and that we could move on to trying again. On Monday I had an HCG blood draw to make sure everything had gone back to normal. The results were in Tuesday morning and our nurse called and said for some reason our numbers were still really high and I needed to come in as soon as possible. So iM and I went in only to find out that the numbers were 11000 and that could only mean one thing, I was still pregnant. We were hoping for a miracle as we began the ultrasound. As the scan went on we realized that we had an almost 8 week old baby with a heartbeat not in my uterus but in my right Fallopian tube and would need surgery that day. Talk about a horrible thing for us to see and hear. This kind of thing only happens in less than 1% of IVf patients and it had to happen to us! I was that amazingly low 1%.Tuesday night I had surgery were both tubes were removed do to damage. We are very hopeful that things can only go up from here and this kind of thing can not happen again. We all still have our hearts set on trying again. And have very high hopes after seeing that both embryos that were transferred had taken to some degree, still this is a very sad time for all of us involved we are trying to see that this time maybe was not meant to be and that next time things will be different. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I will try harder to keep you all updated. Thanks again for reading and following our story.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad u posted an update!! My prayers are with u all as you all try again! I think I hold my breath as I am so excited as I read your posts! Your a wonderful person and your family for the support they give you to help this wonderful family to start there family! Casi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billie I am so sorry to hear of your struggles this cycle - how devastating. You're story is all to familiar, my current IM had an ectopic pregnancy followed by a heterotopic pregnancy before pursuing surrogacy and my very best friend (and fellow surro) also had an undetected ectopic early in their journey, and had to have emergency surgery and a tube removed, but went on to become pregnant and is the proud surro to 7 month old twin boys. As you heal continue to have hope that this dream will come. I'm wishing you the very best and will continue to check in.

    ReplyDelete