Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 2 on Meds

  Hello everyone, well we are on week two of meds and some days fly by and others drag on. Last Sunday I decreased my lupron and started estrace 1 mg twice a day. Since doing that I have occasionally been tired with waves of nausea and some headaches. Sometimes with these side effects I already feel pregnant with water retention, weight gain and all. I am also very emotional!
  It is at this time in the surrogate journey that I am definitely glad to have such an understanding husband that will pick up the slack when I am tired, Be there for me when I am emotional and knows when to stay out of the way when I am moody. He has also been giving me my shots in my belly in preparation of the big ones to come. It is so hard for me to relinquish that much control as I am for the most bit a control freak.  So lesson 2 of this journey: I do not always have to have control!!!! 
   We are all very excited and anxious for the days and weeks ahead, On the 20th I will be upping my dose of estrace to 2mg three times a day to ready my uterine lining for transfer. Then I have a uterine lining check on the 27th if this month and we are expecting that to go well. After that I will be starting my Progesterone In Oil injections on the 1st of March (ouch). Then as long as everything goes well with retrieval we will be transferring the little beans on March 7th. And Having our 1st beta test on the 19th. We are hoping to get great news that day. But being the Impatient control freak that I am I will not be able to wait to long before I start testing @ home. Secretly we are all hoping that both will stick and that I will be able to carry TWINS for these two amazing people. So prayers are welcome and please send good juju our way .
   P.S. I have another little secret I'm gonna let you all in on, I may be having a special guest blogger when we finally have a Big Fat Positive. So watch for that it will be great. As always thank you for reading. And I am still waiting for some comments to let me know that I am not just typing to myself. LOL. 

3 comments:

  1. I love reading all your posts its like a tv show that I can't stop watching lol I hope both little be beans stick twins would be a amazing! looking forward to reading more Casi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read every post! You are seriously amazing Billie!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story ...so keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete