Thursday, December 29, 2011

Why I chose to be a surrogate and how I met the IPS (Intended Parents)

Hello again everyone. I thought I should start this by telling you why I decided to be a surrogate. I kinda always knew I wanted to help others in the miricle of having a baby but it wasnt until I had my first daughter that I knew I really just had to do it. You never know how it is going to feel in that moment when you hear that baby cry or look into their little eyes for the first time. It is nothing short of  an undecribable miricle.So I could not fathom wanting to experience that so badly and not having the physical ability to do so. So after my second daughter was born my husband and I decided we were done having children of our own and I knew that now was the time to make this wish into a reality, I then started researching into how I would get started. I knew that there were a couple options that included signing up with an agency to get matched or find a match on my own, and that in my opinion is where some divine intervention came into play....... While shopping one day a family member called me and asked if I was still interested in being a surrogate, of course I said YES, Why do you ask? Well she knew of someone close to her that was looking for a gestational surrogate and wondered if she could give them my phone number. I told her that would be great, that I would love to chat with them and see if we could possibly be a match. I was so excited to hear from them I could hardly stand it. So when I hadn't heard for them I got a little nervous but then put myself in their shoes and realized the courage it takes to make that call. A few days later I received the call and wouldn't you just know it I wasn't able to answer... I did receive a voicemail and immediately called back but no answer so voicemail it was. We finally were able to reach one another and it starts from there, That first phone conversation sealed the deal for me it went so smooth it was like we had been friends forever. We then met for dinner so our husbands could meet and that also could not have went better. It was then we decided to move forward with the plans that we would start the process of gestational surrogacy. YAY!!!!!!! That is all I can say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment